Thursday, August 18, 2011

HDR Photos

Most of you might have already seen this on my Facebook wall, but I thought I should post it on my blog as well.

Recently, I got into HDR photography inspired by my friend J.
I did some learning for a bit and although not enough of those, I grabbed my SLR and started taking pictures for HDR.

HDR is a processing you do it on your computer, but what makes HDR fascinating is the lighting you get on your original shots. Perfect lighting with variety of colours, enthralling scenery+composition.....

Anyways, I am still learning.... It's only been day and a half since I started learning. :)
Check out some of my works on HDR.

The first one is taken as you can see, taken right by the school building. This is my first one ever and Now that I look back, I don't like it. The cloud is too dark at the right hand upper corner, and overall, too much black. Maybe too much processing that it it looking waay too artificial.



This is the second one that I've done. I took it right by the Seton lake near Lillooet and overall, I'm satisfied(so far). I just finished this one so I need little more time to evaluate and criticize.
What I like about this one is the lighting. The sun is right behind the tree and yet, you can still see details on those crazy branches. Fascinating.


3 comments:

  1. Stunning photography! The second one is AMAZING! And the first one has great contrasts. I think it's really beautiful. It looks a bit unreal, but in a good way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job, Ryo. The second one is gorgeous, as well. I love the sunlight through the branches.

    ReplyDelete